Saturday, October 18, 2008

Long time short catch up

So its been a year...more than a year in fact. Apparently college life leaves little, if not, no time to keep up with these dang blog things! But since i am far away from all family it seems the best idea to keep everyone up to date. So here is some updating. I am in the tail end of my junior year in college. This semester, which started in September, has been a fabulous one for me. I have found a measure of peace and joy that had been absent in my life before and it has made things much happier in my life. I am well on my way to getting my teaching degree. I passed my middle two state tests with flying colors this year. Which means that after I ace the literacy class this semester I am 100 percent qualified to teach children to read! Fun! I am in music, P.E. and art methods this semester, which means that those classes are teaching me how to teach those subjects in my future classroom. I think P.E. is my favorite of those three. I am also taking a children's literature class, which is helping to broaden my world of books and teaching me how to judge what is appropriate for which level of student to read. Another class I have is religion, i am studying the first half of the Book of Mormon and am learning loads of new things every class period. There is one class i start this upcoming week, that will be the literacy class where i spend 2 hours in a school showing my school that i know how to teach reading. The last class i have is a piano class! That is my fun class for this semester and I am loving it! I have a job at the Hogi Yogi that is just up the street from my apartment. I love my job. I get to meet so many new people and I work with a really fun group. ok i think that is enough for this post.

No comments: